I just came from Vintage Indie where I found this cute survey. Please feel free to play along.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I use both. I always to try to find paper or bags that suit the person receiving the gift.
2. Real tree or Artificial? A real tree. I love the idea of a real tree, but allergies have tended to get in the way.
3. When do you put up your tree? First weekend in December.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually on New Year’s Day after watching the Rose Bowl Parade!
5. Do you like eggnog? No, I’ve never cared for eggnog.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I don’t really remember a favorite. I always just looked forward to dinner and opening presents! I guess it was more about the activitiy than the gift.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband’s grandmother and aunt. His grandmother has Alzheimer’s and doesn’t really know what is going on and his aunt is mentally disabled and has pretty everything she wants or needs.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My husband. I know him best and have no trouble knowing what he wants or likes or needs.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, it took a good deal of searching, but hubby and I finally found one we both liked.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I mail Christmas cards every year.
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I love my grandma. I truly do, but she never was any good at picking out clothes. One year we received some truly ugly sweaters.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? We try to collect things throughout the year, especially for the kids.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I can’t remember, but it is possible.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?Grandma’s fudge cake and Mom’s chocolate chip pie. Can’t possibly pick a favorite.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes. I enjoy both white and colored lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I don’t think I have a favorite song. I love Jazzy Christmas music. Right now I have Diana Krall’s Christmas CD on my Zune. I also enjoy the Crooners and Swing style Christmas music.
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? We live in the same town as my Husband’s brothers. My family lives about two hours away. So each year we rotate. For instance, this year we traveled at Thanksgiving to see my family and we will stay home for Christmas. Next year we will spend Thanksgiving at home, and travel to see my family at Christmas. This way we get to watch all the nieces and nephews open presents and create holiday memories with everyone.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Uh, no. I tried and failed.
20. Angel on the treetop or a star? We use an aluminum foil star we made our first Christmas as a married couple.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? In my family we always opened presents on Christmas Eve and then had Santa gifts and stockings on Christmas Day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? well, the disturbing stories of smashed persons at Wal-Marts bother me. I had to leave Starr’s answer up here, yes those are just wrong, wrong, wrong people. I have to agree with the above. I fail to see how any sale or gift is worth more than a person’s life and/or well-being.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love the tradional red, green, and gold. For a couple of years we put a white tree covered in blue ornaments which I also loved.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I couldn’t tell you a single thing we eat at Christmas. My favorite part of the feast is looking around the table and seeing my family.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I want to spend the day with family and maybe a good book or two as well.