I discovered an little meme going round that looked like so much fun. Lucky little me got tagged twice! Beth F at the bfishreads blog tagged me with the letter L and Sizzle over at Sizzle Says tagged with the letter W. I thought that perhaps the best idea was to do both tags in one post. I have scratched my head and thought long and hard and finally come up with ten things that start with the letters L and W that I love. It has been something of a challenge, but also quite fun. If you would like to be tagged just leave a comment and let me know. I hope you enjoy!
The Letter “L”
1. Lissie···This is one of my nicknames. My Grandma called me Lissie and just hearing it said makes me think of her.
2. Little Women···This is my all-time favorite book. I have read it many times and hope to read it many more.
3. Lillian Jackson Braun···This author writes the Cat Who series of books. These are a delightfully fun, light read.
4. Letters···I spend quite a bit of time on the computer and I love emails, blogs, etc, however, I don’t believe there is anything quite so special as finding a handwritten letter in the mailbox.
5. Learning···I believe that learning is important to growing. I love learning new things and trying new things.
6. Levi’s···My all-time favorite jeans are my bootcut Levi’s.
7. Laughing/Laughter···Is any sound more beautiful than that of laughter. I am blessed to have a husband who keeps me laughing.
8. Long bows···We visited a Renaissance Faire over the summer and I tried my hand at the archery booth. I have been infatuated with archery and long bows ever since.
9. LP’s···I collect vinyl records. It is so much fun looking through stacks of old records at flea markets and thrift stores. I have found quite a few old treasures. My latest acquisitions include Ray Coniff and Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
10. Lizz Wright···I discovered her last year after getting my Zune and I love her voice. It’s indescribably beautiful.
The letter “W”
1. Wearing hats···It is a shame that wearing hats seems to have gone out of style for ladies. I love to wear to hats!
2. Writing/Writings···Not only do I love to write for my blog, but I love reading others writings. Blogs, Books, Magazines, I love to read them all!
3. Wings···Butterfly wings are so pretty and delicate. I love the colors and patterns and even the fragility of butterfly wings.
4. Wedding Ring···My wedding ring is made of a sterling silver Celtic Knot. The Celtic Knot is made up of one string or strand and is meant to remind us that we are all connected. Looking at it reminds me of my connection with my husband as well as his unusual marriage proposal.
5. Word puzzles···I love working crosswords and word seeks. This is one of my favorite ways of spending down time and just destressing. I remember my Grandma working crosswords. As a child I was never that interested. Somewhere along the way I discovered that I enjoyed them as much as Grandma.
6. Wiggles···I love tickling my nieces and nephews. I love their wiggles and laughter!
7. Wonder Woman···My favorite superhero is, of course, Wonder Woman. I grew up watching Linda Carter’s portrayal of Diana Prince and wished I had her powers.
8. Wolves···I have long been a fan of wolves. I’m not sure why. There is something mysterious about them. They also seemed to have a big role in many Native American beliefs and stories.
9. Wander and World’s Largest···I love wandering through flea markets hunting for treasures. I love the idea of wandering a new road and discovering new places. Hubby and I have talked about wandering the country looking for anything that starts with the World’s Largest when we retire. A fun road trip with a lot of unexpected surprises.
10. World Bible School···I am a teacher with the World Bible School. We send Bible lessons to people all over the world and spread the good news of Jesus Christ. I love doing this! We do not always get the results we hope for, but I believe we are “planting seeds” as Paul says. Someday I pray that they will bear fruit.